Friday, January 22, 2010

Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty

Mean people suck. Or do they? For the next few posts I am going to explore the subject of meanness. Mean bosses, mean exes, mean relatives, mean friends, etc. I’ll share some of my experiences and you can share yours. Because really, what’s more fun than exposing the jerks in our lives for who they really are?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I a good witch or a bad witch? I often think of myself as a wicked little cupcake of a woman. So, when I hear my friends’ constant refrain, “Janina, you’re TOO nice!” it throws me. I hate being told I’m too nice. I certainly don’t feel too nice. Believe me, many an evil thought goes through my head every single day. But when it comes to acting on my feelings, my inner Cruella vanishes like an ugly girl’s date at sunrise. (See! That was a mean simile, right?) I have several theories for why this happens.

A) Deep down, I’m afraid of burning bridges.

B) I believe two wrongs don’t make a right.

C) I'm afraid that if I said what I really feel, I’ll do some serious, lasting damage.

D) I absolutely detest meanness in others and don’t want to be that which I hate the most.

If I had a dollar for every mean remark or action I let go by without a snappy comeback or slashed tire, I’d have enough moola to hire a burly thug named Guido and make this post moot. It’s not for lack of vitriol or switchblade either. Believe me, I have spent hours, and I mean hours planning the perfect dismemberment and disposal. This is not the case for my best friend Inna. You’ll learn more about her later. That girl doesn’t strike back. She eviscerates!

Until next time,

Janina

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Nina, you have me laughing at your top 10 list. Made me think i should come up with one of my own. I cant live under the Peter Pan syndrom all my life,or can I? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is easy, you wait till the jerk (or jerkness) has committed and then go for the kill. This can be fun, don't look at it like your doing something bad to them. You just returning the that they gave you!!

    ReplyDelete