Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Flavor Of Craziness Is This?

I’m naked as I write this. Okay, not really. But every book and article I’ve ever read about the craft of writing has stressed the importance of grabbing my reader’s attention on the first line, so I was feeling a tad desperate. I admit, it was a cheap trick. However, if you’re still reading, it was also an effective trick.

So, um, welcome to my corner of the Blogosphere, my literary pied-a-terre so to speak. I hope you find what you read to be funny, irreverent, perhaps a bit thought-provoking, but most of all, fun. I truly am, as my tag line claims, the woman your mother warned you about, and what’s a Bad Girl if not fun?

Be warned, I make no apologies for the way I am, the things I've done, or the opinions I express. Although I may be a Bad Girl, I am also very much a Nice Girl. Most of my friends will say too nice. So, if you’re here to hurl insults and call me names, I will NOT get into a shit-flinging contest with you. I’ll just delete you. Okay, maybe I’ll mutter “Fuck you asshole” and give you the finger in the process, but really, you have to expect that.

You’ll find me to be a bit of a contradiction at times. While I’m too nice to people who deserve to have their pictures posted in a Google image search for “Jackass”, I’m not too nice to discuss topics that make some people (okay, my son) cringe. Some examples: Ugly kids, relatives who make you wish you were switched at birth, ugly relatives you’re too ashamed to admit you’re related to. Okay, that last one was a bit harsh. I think I’ll skip that one. Among the topics I do intend to explore are:

• Evil Bosses From Hell
• Has Anyone Seen My Mojo?
• Bitch-Slapped By Karma
• If You Really Loved Me, You’d Be My FarmVille Neighbor
• Weight Watchers Points Only Count If Someone Sees You Eat Them
• Naked Emperors and Born-Again Virgins
• Boy Am I Glad Things Didn’t Work Out Between Us!

Hope you come back!

2 comments:

  1. Janina, I love this!!!!.. you got me hooked...

    I always knew you had it in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never do anything naked (except sex). I'm afraid to look down.

    ReplyDelete